Mach, Bili and Equator
CryptoShare Studio is a professional organization in Shanghai, China, focusing on decentralization applications research. All team members share the same vision and are passionate about both blockchain and Obyte. Basically, it is a team of Obyte fans in China. The team discovered Obyte by holding Bitcoin to receive Obyte Bytes with airdrop.
In the early stage, the team exchanged ideas and brainstormed frequently at the website (https://bbfans.org). We wrote technical articles for each other through this website. Then we came up with an idea to develop a decentralized application based on the Obyte network which is called The CryptoShare.
At the moment, we have set up a practical technology team to fully work on the promotion of the CryptoShare project in China. The core members include:
- Equator Zhang: Team leader, Bitcoin and Obyte follower and popular writer, founder of .cc,
- Alan Guan: Head of Technology, professional blockchain programmer, technical articles writer, founder of bbfans.org, github link,
- Bili Wang: Core Developer, master several programming languages, Obyte chatbot developer,
- Mach Mo: Developer, English master, familiar with node js.
Since March 2018, our team has done the following work for Obyte
- Developed Obyte chatbots including WhiteLittle Airdrop and WhiteLittle Reward Chat Room.
- We have set up the bbfans website (https://bbfans.org in Chinese), which is dedicated to promote the use of Obyte, analyze the basic principles of Obyte , track the latest news of Obyte and develop applications for Obyte. We’ve about 30 technical articles on the website, including the translated version of whitepaper and the latest Autonomous Agents. Right now, we are the best Chinese technology community of Obyte.
- Contributed to the Ocore code.
- Applied and delivered OWS/OWC (Obyte Wallet Service/Client) grant: The Obyte wallet backend service and frontend client library provide easy to use APIs and developer tools to secure, reliable, and scalable access to Obyte. It can be used as the infrastructure for Obyte decentralized applications so the developers can focus on the features.
- Developed CryptoShare prototype website (https://cryptoshare.cc): The website provides Obyte web wallet using OWS/OWC, basic functions of CMS (content management system), and the ability to share encrypted data with others.
Although the world has seen some incredible innovations based on centralization, including projects such as Facebook, Uber, Amazon, etc., there are still many disadvantages left in centralized systems. Obviously, we don’t only need to change network security issues, but also to strengthen the protection of user’s privacy and data. Most business models depend on it and the world urgently needs a new system that puts different incentives to ensure that users are being protected.
When it comes to big technology and traditional finance companies, their interests conflict with those of the general public. Many intermediate individuals and organizations charge a lot of fees, but fail to protect the data security and provide value to their customers. A lot of people regard blockchain and cryptocurrencies as an alternative way to replace our current broken system, which can ensure the stability, fairness and stronger freedom of expression for everyone. We can see more and more blockchains and new decentralized solutions are emerging, and DAG technology provided by Obyte creates a more comprehensive platform for sharing encrypted information worldwide.
After discovering the Obyte project, we were surprised to find that decentralized DAG algorithm based on Obyte, which can overcome some inherent defects of Bitcoin, such as slow information transmission and long transaction confirmation time. Based on these technologies, CryptoShare platform can become a reliable global information encryption sharing platform. It will provide users with safe and reliable using data privacy protection, user’s data will not be stolen anywhere on the Internet, and will not be hacked locally on their own computers; while ensuring user privacy, it will provide users with a convenient directional encryption sharing function in the process of user’s directed sharing of data, no one can spy and review them at all.
After a lot of practice on Obyte network, our initial CryptoShare platform has been launched on https://cryptoshare.cc , and now it has realized the basic functions of encryption sharing. Next, we will continue to improve the operation interface and user experience, so that it can serve most people in the world.
Cryptoshare is built on Obyte. The encrypting and sharing process is tightly integrated with Obyte DAG and utilizes various functions provided by Obyte. CryptoShare will continue to evolve as Obyte developers and introduce new features. Therefore, CryptoShare and Obyte can promote each other and improve each other.
Motivation for becoming a Order Provider (Witness)
CryptoShare is not an intermediary and doesn’t rely on any central information sharing platform. Due to its dependency on the Obyte, we hope that Obyte can be sufficiently decentralized and healthy in future. We have done a lot of work on Obyte and understand the importance of decentralizing witnesses for all organizations that rely on the Obyte. We believe that CryptoShare's candidacy is a process of decentralization and helps to guarantee the health of Obyte.
We sincerely hope that our application can raise people's doubts and debates (whether positive or negative). We believe that Obyte will be used in various cases, and more interesting projects will appear in the next few years.
If you have any questions before voting, or just want to comment, you can join Obyte Discord and contact Equator赤道#9935, geekalan#8021, bitbili##9487, or mach#8899.